May 27, 2024

BENGALURU EXPRESS

Truth Triumphs

Applications Invited for Shivaram Karanth Layout from Jan 25: DCM

Bengaluru, Jan 18: Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar today announced that applications will be invited for the new Shivaram Karanth BDA layout in Bengaluru from January 25.

Addressing a press conference at the head office of Bangalore Development Authority here, he said, “We have inspected the progress of works at the Shivaram Karanth Layout and have decided to invite applications from January 25. This time, we are providing an option to file applications online as well. Like earlier, people can also submit their physical applications at various offices of BDA in the city.”

“The applicants are required to pay an initial deposit of 12.5% of the total value of the site within one month of applying. The initial deposit for SC/ST applicants has been fixed at 5%. The sites will be allocated in a very transparent manner and all information pertaining to site allocation will be available in public domain,” he informed.

“The Shivaram Karanth layout has an open space of 58% including roads, parks, CA sites and a stadium. The rest 42% has been allocated for sites. A land parcel of 25-30 acres has been identified to build a new stadium in Shivaram Karanth Layout on the lines of Kanteerava stadium,” he said.

“The price of the sites has been fixed at Rs 4,900 per square feet. It may be on the higher side as farmers need to be compensated for the land they have given up for the layout. Farmers were compensated monetarily in the previous layouts but, for the first time, they are being allocated developed sites in lieu of money,” he said.

First priority to farmers losing land
“As per the Supreme Court guidelines, a total of 3,069 acres has been acquired for the layout. As many as 18,000 people from 17 villages have given up their land for the layout. First priority in site allocation will be given to farmers who have given up their land for the layout. As far as possible, sites will be given in the land parted by them. If not possible, they will be given sites in the same village. Farmers should be able to accept sites facing all directions and not insist on sites facing certain directions only,” he said.

As many as 9,500 sites will be given to the farmers who have given up land while 4,750 corner sites will be e-auctioned as per the provisions. The remaining 10,000 sites are open for the general public. Nine banks have been identified for issuing loans to applicants.

Shivaram Karanth is one of the best layouts:
Asked why the prices of sites in Shivaram Karanth layout are high, he said, “The government is not making profit out of this. In private layouts, open space is limited to 45% whereas in Shivaram Karanth, the open space is 58%. There is a lot of costs associated with power, water and sewage infrastructure. In my opinion, Shivaram Karanth Layout will be one of the best layouts in Bengaluru. Farmers of this area are lucky to have got sites in such a good layout.”

No Denotification
Mr Shivakumar said that the government has decided not to de-notify any land in any of the projects including BBC. There is a lot of pressure for denotification in but the government will not budge, he added.

“We have instructed contractors to complete the balance works in Kempe Gowda layout as early as possible. A new loop is being added to Hebbal flyover and it is expected to reduce traffic congestion.”

Please follow and like us:

About Author