Bangalore, March 16: After recent mega raids on BBMP and BDA officers, where the corruption is rampant, the Karnataka Anti-Corruption Bureau has today early morning (Wednesday) swooped down on 18 officials including BDA, forest officials and engineers from different department.
The sleuths have seized gold, silver, cash, property documents and other valuables in one of the major raids on the corrupt officials. Corruption reigns supreme at different agencies, especially at the town planning wing of the BDA, forest department, highways and engineering departments.
Interestingly, the ACB sleuths have stumbled upon sandalwood worth few lakhs from a Range Forest Official from Badami district. It appears that the sandalwood was recovered from the sandalwood thieves.
Raids are on at 18 locations including three places in Bengaluru. Currency notes have been strewn at a vacant site. ACB officials have been seized documents when the story updated on your website.
A total of 100 officers and 300 additional staff have been cracked down on corrupt officials. The ACB found 3 kgs of sandalwood at the home of a Range Forest Officer (RFO) in Badami district’s Bagalkot as well.
It may be recalled that the ACB has unearthed corruption and misappropriation in the BBMP town planning wing in its recent raids.
List of 18 Karnataka government officials:
- Gnanendra Kumar, Additional commissioner, Transport, Bangalore RTO
- Rakesh Kumar, Bangalore Development Authority, Town planning
- Ramesh Kankatte, RFO, Yadgir district
- Basavaraj Shekar Reddy Patil, Executive Engineer, Koujalagi Division, Gokak
- Basava Kumar S Annigeri, Shirastedar DC office, Gadag
- Gopinath Malagi, Project Manager, Nirmiti Kendra, Vijayapura
- B K Shivakumar, Additional Director, Industries and commerce, Banglore
- Shivanand P Sharanappa Khedagi, RFO, Badami
- Manjunath, Assistant commissioner, Ramnagar
- Srinivas, General Manager, Social welfare Department
- Maheshwarappa, District Environmental Officer, Davangere
- Krishnan AE, Agricultural Produce & Livestock Market Committee, Haveri
- Chaluvaraj, Excise Inspector, Gundlupet Taluk
- Girish, Assistant Engineer, National Highway Subdivision
- Balakrishna H N, Police Inspector, Vijayanagara Police Station, Mysore
- Gavirangappa, Public Works Department, Chikmanglore
- Ashok Reddy Patil, Krishna Bhagya Jala Nigam Ltd., Devadurga, Raichur
- Daya Sunder Raju, Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation, Dakshina Kannada